The first day of 2018, aaaahhh. Time flies so fast. 2017 was a tough year for me. Seems like it was just last night that I was sulking in my bed, not knowing what the hell to do on the trials the universe has confidently laid on my shoulders. And since the universe has its own timeline, I’ll be expecting more trials on the way. No worries, my bed is ready for the sulking again, just kidding. But here is my list of my year-round New Year’s Resolution I rarely make and I’m not obliged to do. Because admit it, there are things on ‘the list’ we’re not able to start. Some of those goals, are planned way back five years ago, but writing them on the list is a start, so good job!
Here’s my list: aka “New-Year’s Resolution”
- New year, new me. Hmmm I guess I’ll just dye my hair pink, but I prefer to stay the same awesome me I’ve been. And by awesome, that little distant, uninterested, blunt and sarcastic creature who’s mood swings will drive you crazy. Yes, that girl who cried oceans and laughed like a witch yet still someone at least, loved. I’ll stay that way, only, a little bit wiser.
- When something goes wrong again with my life, I will just say that it is just a plot twist, then I’ll move on to the next stage.
- I will try to think of ten new reasons why I am late so as not to bore my superiors with the same reason I woke up late when my shift starts at 3 in the afternoon. Really.
- I decided not to disappoint my family with my failed attempts at cooking. So, I’ll leave the cooking to experts — not me.
- I’ll try to do again those things that I love doing like painting, but right now, I’m not in the mood to paint. So, I’ll just get back to finishing this list.
- Need to practice more patience. Breathe in, breathe out. OK, I can do this, just three to go.
- I will change my status from Single to Forever Alone. Or maybe, slightly desperate might work. Charauuuuught! Ok, I’ll just settle with ‘Widowed’. 😛
- I promise this year, I’ll try not to be too blunt or too sarcastic. But I’m too stubborn, I know I won’t quit it either. Haha.
- This year, I’ll be nicer. No, not to you, but to myself. I’ll love myself more. Yes! 😛 🙂
- And last but not the least, the most important thing to do immediately at the start of the year until the end, I promise to remember to write 2018 instead of 2017.
So, that ends my list. I think I won’t have a hard time doing these things. 😛 2018, you better watch out. This is me, that little moody creature, that pea-sized monster, claiming her territory, ready to charge!